Fort Washington Collegiate Church houses a diverse congregation known for its arts-centered approach to worship. Cavan Builders Corp. both renovated and expanded its home, a 1909 Gothic Revival structure located in northern Manhattan.
The assignment included a new worship and arts spaces, offices, classrooms, a nursery, and a catering kitchen.
Cavan Builders constructed a sparkling addition alongside Fort Washington’s signature garden: a 1,725-sq. ft. framed-glass gathering space. This new pavilion now serves as the entrance to the existing three-story building and provides an all-weather connection between the sanctuary and Fellowship Hall.
In addition, the project addressed ADA compliance and the need to upgrade lighting, electrical, HVAC and stormwater systems.